Happy first birthday, Lob.org!
Like raising a newborn (which I am also doing), this year was focused on establishing a solid foundation for us to build upon as we grow.
We identified three key focus areas in our launch that we believe we can positively impact by leveraging our product, people, and resources to drive change:
- Racial justice
- Civic action
Lob.org first year accomplishments
- More than 1.2M mail pieces were sent by Lob for Good customers
- Donated $130K of product to eligible nonprofits
- Doubled the Lob for Good customer base
- Launched donor acknowledgement postcard and letter templates
Partnerships & programs
- 88% of our employees (aka Lobsters) engaged in at least one of our Lob.org events, which ranged from educational sessions and immersive experiences to virtual volunteer opportunities and fundraising.
- More than 100 letters were sent to elected officials through our Direct Mail for Change campaign, where we encouraged Lobsters to use our product to speak up about issues they care about through our Lob for Good customers, Congress.Cards and Resistbot.
- Hosted our inaugural company-wide Impact Week to encourage Lobsters to take action in our three focus areas.
As we reflect on our first year, we’re grateful for the partnerships we have established and for the engagement from our employees. One of our core values at Lob is to #CurateExperiences, and we aim to do this in a way that encourages employees to learn more about our focus areas so they can take informed action.
We have many exciting initiatives planned for our second year based on our learnings over the past twelve months. Sustainability is a top priority for Lob this year. We’re also exploring new partnerships and program opportunities that align with our focus areas. From a product perspective, we are expanding our nonprofit offering and look forward to supporting more nonprofits with their direct mail needs.
If you'd like to learn more about our direct mail technology for your organization, or are working in alignment with one of our focus areas, we’d love to connect with you.
You can reach us at email@example.com