1. Our Policy
2. What Information Is Collected?
When you interact with our Services, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you ("Personal Data").
Personal Data You Give Us. When you sign up for or use the Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address. You may also have elected to give us access to your contacts.
We may also collect non-Personal Data, such as your time zone or language.
Automatically Collected Data: When you use the Service, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information ("log data") that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your Internet Protocol ("IP") address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Services.
- Device information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
3. How Is Such Information Used?
We use the Personal Data we collect, as described above:
- To authenticate users, provide the Services, process transactions and respond to your requests. If you give us access to your contacts, we'll store those contacts on our servers for you to use. This will make it easy for you to do things like share send emails, and invite others to use the Services. For users located within the EU, this use is necessary to perform the contract with you.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To customize the user experience.
- To better understand how visitors interact with our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you, and as part of our efforts to keep our Site, network and information systems secure.
- To conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize our communications and the experience we offer to our users.
- To provide communications by post which we think will be of interest to you.
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfill your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
- To conduct research on user demographics, interests and behavior based on your Personal Data and other information provided to us in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users. We compile and analyze this research on an aggregated basis, and may share this aggregated data with our partners. This data does not identify you personally.
- Marketing. We may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. Where required by law, we will only send you marketing communications if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by updating your user settings. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below. We will continue to contact you via email regarding the provision of our Services and to respond to your requests.
For information on your rights under the applicable European Union ("EU") law, please see the "European Union (EU) Users" section below.
4. Is The Information Shared or Disclosed?
Lob is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Third Party Applications and Services: If you elect to use one or more third party applications that interoperate with Lob's services, those applications may upon your election be given access to data (which may include personal data) on Lob's systems generated in connection with your use of Lob's services. Please remember that Lob is not responsible for the policies and practices of third party application providers, and Lob shall have no liability arising from any action of any such provider as it concerns your data or information or otherwise. In connection with your use of any such third party applications, please review carefully the applicable privacy policies each such third party application provider to become familiar with their policies and practices as it concerns your data and information.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of a service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
- Legal Requirements and Other Circumstances: Lob may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with a legal obligation; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Lob; (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Lob website or services or the public; or (iv) protect against legal liability.
In the event that you have volunteered Personal Data, you may correct or amend that information by editing your account profile or emailing us at email@example.com.
6. The Security of Your Information
We will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is, however, 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Lob does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. Lob is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13. Any person who provides their information to Lob represents to us that they are 13 years of age or older. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Lob through this website, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
8. Data Retention
9. California Privacy Disclosures
If you would like to request information about third parties that collect Personal Data on our site for direct marketing purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. European Union (EU) Users
Scope. This section provides information on your rights under EU law (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
Data Controller. Lob is the data controller for your Personal Data. To find out our contact details, please see the "Contact Us" section below.
Your Rights. Subject to EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to erase your Personal Data in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we shared your data with others, we will alert them to the need for erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or 'block' the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you where we process that Personal Data in an automated way. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest (described under the "How is Such Information Used" section above) to process your Personal Data—unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, unless this is necessary in relation to a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent to this use.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may contact us at email@example.com to exercise your rights.
11. International Data Transfers
12. Forums and Comments
If you post comments on this website, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit can be read, collected and used by other users of this website, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Lob is not responsible for any Personal Data you choose to submit in that context or anything arising from such submissions.
13. Links to Other Sites
16. Contacting Lob
Last Updated May 25th, 2018