Last Updated: June 10th, 2022
Lob Print and Mail
- Service Description. Lob’s print and mail services, including but not limited to print, mail, and check writing (collectively “PMS”), allow Customers to print and mail physical content to individuals and businesses (collectively “Mail Recipients”).
- Responsibility for Content. Customer is solely responsible for ensuring that the content it provides to Lob is appropriate for printing and mailing to Mail Recipients, and that such content and mail follows all applicable laws and postage regulations (e.g. United States Postal Service regulations). Lob does not review or monitor the content provided by Customers and Lob shall have no liability to customer or any third party based upon Customer Content. Additionally, it is Customer’s responsibility to select the mail form factor (e.g. postcard, envelope) appropriate for its use case and content.
- Unwanted mail. Customer and its end users must not use Lob PMS to send mail to Mail Recipients unless it has the proper permission to do so. If you are a Recipient who has received unwanted mail please contact the sender directly to be removed from their mailing lists. If Lob receives complaints about mail sent by a Customer using the Lob Services, Lob reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend that Customer until such complaints are fully addressed. For Mail Recipients located in the United States, the United States Postal Service provides helpful information about unwanted mail here.
- Delivery times. Mail delivery times may vary depending on the location and service selected. Customer understands and agrees that Lob does not control the postal services and ultimately the delivery time will depend on the service provided by the applicable postal service (e.g. USPS for the US, RoyalMail for the UK, etc.). Delivery times may also be impacted by factors such as weather, road conditions, and fuel or labor shortages, which are all outside of Lob’s control.
- Check Writing Service. Customer understands that the Check Writing Service (“CWS”) enables Customer and its end users to print and deliver checks, and as such, it is a printing and mailing service and not a bill payment service. Lob does not screen or verify bank routing or account numbers or screen or verify payees and their addresses. Lob does not track Customer’s checks or payments or have any information about Customer’s bank accounts or who is authorized to access Customer’s bank accounts. Checks may be requested with your [User ID and password], and Customer are responsible for any such checks requested. Payments made using the CWS are only capable of being made and delivered using a paper check and will never be made electronically. If Customer makes the CWS available to a third party as part of a bill payment service, Customer is required to include a provision in the terms governing the service, stating that all payments will be made solely by paper check. If Customer or any third party uses the CWS, Customer or the user is responsible for employing adequate security procedures to keep bank account information secure and to avoid the issuance of unauthorized checks. Lob shall not be liable for the issuance, printing or delivery of an unauthorized check or payment, and we shall have no liability to Customer, any third party user or any depositary or payor bank for an unauthorized check. Customer further agrees that we are not liable for or responsible for compliance with any of the laws and regulations governing checks and payments, including without limitation, the laws, regulations and orders administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and FinCEN. Customer agrees to incorporate the foregoing provisions into its own products and policies and ensure that its customers adhere to these terms.
- Consumer Credit Information. Unless otherwise agreed to in a signed agreement between Lob and Customer, Customer agrees that it will not provide to Lob any information or content that is: a) “consumer credit information” under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, or b) provided by / obtained from a credit bureau (such as Experian, Equifax, or Transunion) or other credit reporting agency. Customer agrees to immediately notify Lob if it has provided any such information or content to Lob and immediately cease any further sharing.
Lob Address Verification
- Service Description. Lob’s address services, including but not limited to address verification and address enrichment (collectively “Address Verification Services”), allow Customers to compare information from a database, software or website against official postal data and update such information entered at the point of entry.
- All data provided by or gathered from use of Lob’s Address Verification Services are considered part of the Lob Services and Customer agrees not to exceed the scope of the license provided by Lob in the applicable services agreement. Address verification is provided for general informational purposes only and Customer agrees that it does not and will not use Lob’s Address Verification Services without obtaining the proper permissions and consents from the address owner(s).
- Address Verification Services may provide Customers with deliverability data, including our proprietary Lob Confidence Score. The score is generated by Lob’s proprietary information and insights into mail tracking events. Score definitions:
a. 70-100% - This address has received one or more successful deliveries
b. 40-68% - This address has both mail returned to sender and successful deliveries
c. 0-39% - This address has more mail returned to sender than successful deliveries
d. None ("") - Lob does not have data on this address
e. Please note that the Lob Confidence score is provided for general informational purposes only and does not guarantee deliverability. Any and all use of the Lob Confidence Score is solely at the risk and discretion of the Customer.
- USPS Disclaimer and Copyright: Lob is a non-exclusive licensee of the United States Postal Service. The prices of our products and services are neither established, controlled, nor approved by the United States Postal Service. Advertising material is neither endorsed nor approved by the United States Postal Service. Portions of our software are copyrighted by the United States Postal Service. Customers accessing our site and services acknowledge that USPS has rights to the licensed materials and licensed marks.
- Results Restrictions. Lob’s Address Verification Services includes results provided by Lob’s suppliers and all rights in title to such results are reserved by Lob and its suppliers. Customer may only use results from Address Verification Services for Customer’s internal business purposes and may not rent, lease, copy, transfer, resell, sublicense, lease, time-share, or otherwise provide access to the results to any third party.
- Service Description. Lob Application Programming Interface (“Lob API”) allows Customers to easily integrate or embed the Lob services into Customer’s own applications or websites, creating a clean, branded, and seamless online experience.
- Authentication. To the extent that Customer elects to use the Lob API to enable embedded features into Customer Applications, Customer is required to authenticate the identity of each end user through email confirmation or other industry standard methods. Customer is solely responsible and solely liable for such authentication and will indemnify, defend and hold Lob harmless against any claim related to such use by end users.
- API Keys. In order to use the Lob APIs, Customer must obtain its unique API credentials (an “API Key”) via the registration process. Customer is solely responsible for all activity associated with its API Key, regardless of whether it has knowledge of such activity. Customer must not share its API Key with any third party, shall keep such API Key secure, and shall use it as Customer’s sole means of accessing the Lob API.
a. Limits. The transaction limits are specified in Customer’s order forms and Lob’s documentation (currently located at: https://docs.lob.com/). Collectively the above are “Transaction Limits.” Please contact our sales department if you wish to increase your Transaction Limits.
b. Rate Limits. Lob may be required to limit or suspend your use of the Lob APIs when such suspension or limits are necessary to prevent harm or liability to other customers/individuals, or to preserve the security, stability, availability or integrity of the Lob Services.
- Application passthrough. Customer will ensure that the Customer Applications using Lob Services / Lob APIs contain terms of service and privacy policies that are consistent with the terms of Customer’s agreement with Lob.
- API Restrictions. You agree that you will not (and will not permit any third party to) directly or indirectly: (a) create an API client that functions substantially the same as the Lob APIs; (b) make any use of the Lob APIs for any purpose independent of the Lob Services; (c) misrepresent the source or ownership of the Lob APIs or remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices, falsify or delete any author attributions, legal notices or other labels of the origin or source of the Lob APIs; or (d) interfere with or disrupt the Lob APIs or the servers or networks providing the Lob APIs or Service.
- Customer Applications. Customer may use the Lob APIs to develop applications and/or embedded signing experiences for use by Customer or Customer’s end users (collectively “Customer Applications”). Customer shall be solely responsible for the Customer Applications and shall ensure it has: a) provided its customers, clients, and end users with the applicable terms (including privacy terms) that authorize Lob to provide the Services hereunder, and b) the proper authority and/or authorization to share end user information (including personally identifiable information) with Lob.
THIRD PARTY INTEGRATIONS / CONNECTORS
- Service Description. Third Party Integrations help connect Lob with the services you already use to power your business. Some examples of such integrations are Salesforce, Braze, Zapier, Marketo, Jotform, etc.
- Eligibility. To use a Lob integration you must be a customer of Lob and a customer of the service you want to use the integration with. Some integrations may require that you approve the use of such service and/or consent to the transfer of your information/data between Lob and the third-party service.
- Third Party Content and Products. You are solely responsible for the use of such integration, third party service, and ensuring that you have the proper rights and permissions to share data between Lob and the third-party services. You understand that the Third-Party Integrations may provide Customer with access to Third Party Content and to Third Party Products that may access Customer’s instance of the Lob Services and export, delete or otherwise alter Customer Data (including Customer’s Confidential Information).
- Disclaimer. Lob does not warrant or directly support third party integrations, Third Party Content, Third Party Products (whether or not these items are designated by Lob as “powered”, “verified” or otherwise) and disclaims all responsibility and liability for these items and their access to the Lob Services, including their modification, deletion, disclosure or collection of Customer Data.